20090225

Fallacy Wears Thin

So after consideration I realized I need to watch the film Milk. I was bashing it quite a bit without knowing anything about it. From opening to ending I was shocked, stunned, kind of sick and disgusted at times, and sometimes sad. This was a very eye opening and compelling movie to say the least. Very good information that I've never considered looking into because of the ignorant American mind-set about the subject.
I honestly was never told about how persecuted these people were because of only their sexual orientation. Now, on the other hand of that I think the homosexual community didn't HAVE to be as outspoken and wild as they were. I believe that's probably half the reason their culture was so tarnished.
The toughest thing for me to watch (other than the obvious) is the church images. The constant nay sayings from the churches claiming "God's Will". NO NO NO!!! Once again the religious fools have to create a hatred for the church. I honestly by no means support the lifestyle. But only support the people. I've met some really amazing people from the gay and lesbian community that I have no problem still acknowledging them as a Human. The way these police and the city people treated these people is disgusting. Randomly beating them down with clubs and arresting for the smallest of a crime but in reality only for their sexual preference.
They went through alot... Not as much as the african american community by all means but however it was made to look that way almost. That they had no right what so ever to be living there, teaching there, etc... all because they were Gay?? That's not right. Ignorance of the Christian America was really sad to see.

I could care less like I previously said; about someones choice. I've been reading many articles and statements of Christian men who used to be homosexuals and one man definably stood out. He said "the hardest thing about being an openly gay in the Christian community was that he wasn't acknowledged." That must've hurt so bad. I can't imagine putting myself through that kind of pain. But he said, "In the end after getting saved he wasn't there for the experience, he didn't search for change, instead he was there to find Christ and that's what matters. You can't change a person but give them the opportunity to change is all we can do."
AWESOME, we can say "Love your neighbor" "do unto others as you would yourself". Yet, many decide to draw a line where a specific person doesn't fit in that category. Therefore they won't show them love and show appreciation for them.
A Man is but Man nothing more, nothing less. We should all do our best to make sure everyone can feel our love is genuine whether we like to or not, whether we approve of them or not. Love your enemy and stand strong. Break down the religious wall that's set before us and show all the purpose.

No comments: